Friday, October 19, 2012

Enough to bring a man to tears



This weekend was the first time I saw a friend of mine cry, a grow man tear-ing up in front of about a dozen of us. I’ve known this guy since high school, so we will just call him “John” to spare his feelings. John and his wife where having a house warming party over the weekend and they were so excited to have all of their closest friends over for a few drinks.

The evening was going pretty well and everyone was having a great time, the house looked great and John and his wife where showing off all of the new decorations and furniture they had just bought. John was especially proud of his new Samsung LED flat screen TV, It was pretty amazing it actually connected to the internet and was very thin; I admit I was a bit jealous.

 As the night progressed we all decided to play a few games in the living room and mind you we had been drinking for a few hours now so the crowd was getting a bit rowdier than usual and charades was getting pretty intense. 
Flat Screen TV

One of our friends was up making everyone guess what his word was when he stumbled backwards…right into Johns brand new flat screen TV. Everyone jumped at once to try to save it but it was too late. Johns brand new $2400 TV lay on the floor in a million pieces, and that’s when it happened… John teared up. He had been talking about this TV for over 6 months and saving for it even longer. He was devastated. We all helped clean up the messed and bid John and his wife a good night after that.
When I got home the first thing I did was hop online and order a Flat Screen TV wall mount to secure my Flat screen to the wall so that would never happen to me, the mount I bought has screws at the bottom to prevent it from falling off the wall, even if someone stumbled and grabbed onto the TV it isn’t going anywhere, I even feel better now knowing the TV can’t fall on the kids either while they are rough housing in the living room. 

 I do feel really bad for John but accident do happen, hopefully his insurance will cover it and next time he gets a TV wall mount as well.


Rob Burns is president of http://wall-mount-tv-brackets.com an etailer of high quality wall mount tv brackets.  His site offers everything from low prices and great selection, to Free Shipping and how-to videos that show you how to site, assemble and mount your flat TV.

3 comments:

  1. That's what I'd call an OUCH! You definitely need to protect an investment of that magnitude. I don't think the limited warranty is going to cover that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lesson learned the hard way about protecting your electronics. The last time I saw a plasma TV that chewed up was when it got hit by lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Flat TV only cost $600 but it would still hurt a lot if I had to replace it out of pocket right now. Protect what you own, its the only way!

    ReplyDelete